Header pic

Header pic

Thursday, June 9, 2011

BUSY, WITH A VIEW

We have had a very busy month.  My mom arrived, youngest daughter's high school graduation in Roanoke, VA followed immediately by youngest daughter's college orientation in Boone, NC.  Youngest daughter left the very next day for high school graduation trip to Bonnaroo, an infamous music festival in western Tennesee.  She's probably waking up in her balmy six man (girl) tent as we speak, ready for some Allison Krauss or Bruce Hornsby or Bela Fleck or Buffalo Springfield or Mumford and Sons or Eminem.  A very diverse festival.  But not exactly my cuppa tea with 70,000 good friends and neighbors.  Me, I'm a Floydfest girl.  30 miles from home on some gorgeous land adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway that seems like a different universe altogether.  With my own shower and my own bed.  Only about 10,000 close friends.  Guess we are getting old.

Later this week our oldest son returns from a whirlwind six months in Kona, Hawaii, Lutsk, Ukraine and various beautiful Turkish cities on the Mediterranean Sea. That I could handle.  I think they have showers in all of those places.

I think everyone will be happy to be back together as a family in a few days.  I surely will be delighted to have all of their sleepy heads tucked into their own beds.  Back into Mama Florin mode making breakfast, but probably not until 10 or so.  Fresh eggs laid by the newest addition to our Bent Mountain kind-of- farm.  17 chickens, about half of them named.  The rest haven't yet told me theirs'.   Precious summer days these last few years before our children start making their own memories with families of their own.  But then someday we might get grandbabies who can come visit us on the mountain and help me gather eggs and name the chickens.  

1 comment: